Thursday, April 3, 2008

April 3, 2008

In the spirit of there's no time like the present, I'll start this blog today. I've written to my children in their baby books from time to time, but not on a regular basis. So many fun things happen and I think, "I really should write that down" before you know it, the day has past and the deed forgotten. I hope to remedy that here and provide my children Emily and Danny a window to what life is like here and now.

Today is the 5th Anniversary of the day I quit smoking, it's also very close to the 5th Anniversary of the day Danny was conceived, since his birthday is exactly 9 months from today.
Danny is sitting at the kitchen table watching yet another episode of Curious George and eating strawberry O's with strawberries and green juice. He's waiting for Magic School bus to come on. The day is beautiful, early spring...crisp and cool, but calm with the promise of warmth as the day progresses.

Yesterday we went to Rhode Island to visit Mom and Mo who had just returned from Florida, and to take Danny to have 6 teeth sealed. Apparently he has deep crevices in his teeth like I did as a child, so he's very prone to cavities. Danny behaved very well for Dr. Durudogan and said during the procedure that it sounded like somebody was playing pinball in his mouth. Dr. Durudogan said that was the first time he'd heard that and wrote it down in his book of "things my patients say". Dan picked a lip gloss cell phone out of the basket and was thrilled. Afterwards Gogie agreed to share a Hawaiian pizza with Dan which made him very happy. No rush to get home tonight because Dad had a wood turners meeting , so it was a late ride home and Danny was more then ready for bed by the time we got there.

No comments: