Sunday, April 6, 2008

April 6, 2008


It's Sunday so normally we'd go to church today but it is Emily's first Sunday working at Mahoney's and I found out today that I'm going to have to be ready for church before taking her to work or we won't make it in time. Daddy took Danny to swim yesterday since your both due in different places at the same time. Two more weeks of swim lessons then hopefully it'll be time for the pond. Afterwards we went to Green Briar for story time. We were early so Ms. Mary asked Danny to help her upstairs with the puppets. He was very eager to help. I keep hoping that all the exposure to animals will help him to be more gentle with our pets at home. Marley will be going to Nettie's this coming weekend to be inseminated...Puppies...we're all very excited.

Emily
Your almost 16 years old, just started your first job and getting ready to get your permit. So many changes all at once. I can't help but think I should have started writing this so long ago, all that you've done and all the small things I'll never now remember. You asked me not to write about you anymore, but I hope years and years from now you'll both find comfort in these pages.
The things I wrote in your baby book and the things I write here are my way of showing you how much I love you, and how much you mean to me everyday. In many ways you and I have grown up together. I look back and think how young I was and how little I knew. You become, everyday, a more amazing young woman and I'm very proud of your strength of morals, and values, in your love of animals and the (mostly) tenderness you show towards your brother. Your a great big sister. One of my greatest fears when you were little was who would take care of you if something happened to me. With him I don't have that fear, I know you'll always take care of him...not because I told you too, just because you would. Puppies !

No comments: