Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4, 2009 Gold's gym, Star wars, and Disney

It's Wednesday, the sun is shining and although it only early February I can already feel winters hold starting to lift. The days are getting longer, the sun warmer. I removed the covers from the sky lights in our bedroom this week. It's just about this time of year that the sun is positioned just right that in the early afternoon the sun will stream in onto the bed and warm it nicely. I love to lay there when the opportunity arises.

I've faithfully gone to the gym every day and except for the day after working out with Pam have felt no pain. I think that means I'm not pushing myself hard enough. Emmy printed out a pass as well and has been joining me. It's nice to have her there, and Danny loves to go their childrens room. It's even more satisfying when everybody is happy!

We had an eight inch snow fall yesterday. It was a classic north easter so Dan and I went out early. Went to the gym, then headed over to the KC Coombs school to sign him up for kindergarten in the fall. We came home and thanks to Matt, who borrowed from his friend Paul all the the Star Wars DVD's, watched the first 4. It was a nice quiet day, curled up on the couch, in front of the stove while the wind and snow blew outside. I strategically planned a roast chicken for dinner, there's nothing better on a cold yucky winters day then the smell of roast chicken in the house.

With Disney just 20 days away I decided to retrieve the paperwork from the safe and familiarize myself with the times and dates that were set forever ago. We're all getting very excited. I feel sorry for Mike who will remain here in the hum drum while the kids and I have a fun adventure in the warmth for two whole weeks!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I think mother nature heard you say she was letting go- it was a balmy 9 degrees on my way to work this morning! I guess we can't start our seeds yet. Have fun in Florida. Say Hi to everyone for us.