Friday, May 16, 2008

May 16, 2007

Today's the first day we've spent as a homeschooling family. Mike works 4 days a week now because of gas prices so he's home with us on Fridays. Emily took the science GED test today and passed with 69%. Poor in my opinion and I wonder just what was so difficult. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take the test. 50 questions, multiple choice...piece of cake...only it wasn't. Instead of having a good answer and some clearly wrong answers, this test asks for the BEST answer, making you choose between a bunch of really good answers and a great one. 30 minutes later I finish and check the answers, I got 9 wrong ! 82% for a woman who is 20 years out of high school, a year of college, lived life curiously and has a decent amount of life experience. Very sad. A 69% isn't good, but I'm feeling like 82% isn't all that great either, and I actually really like science...can't wait to take the Social Studies test, I think I failed that one in college.
We talked about the test at lunch and asked Mike about a couple of the questions. Funny this life... so much to learn and so little time. I always knew my husband was fairly intelligent, but it wasn't until we start comparing answers on a standardized test that I really began to see just how smart he is. Simply amazing.
I'm sure that Danny is benefiting in ways yet unrealized by these conversations and can't help but wonder what his little life will hold.

No comments: