Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12, 2008

So here I am. Thursday morning, Mike's gone to work. Progeny opened a new office in Taunton and Mike moved up there last Thursday. His commute is now 42 minutes compared with the 1 hour and 10 minutes he drove to Middletown every day, and he's thrilled. It's amazing what a little perspective will do for you. Gas is up to $3.99 a gallon...every little bit counts.

Emily is off work today so the kids and I are going to attend our first homeschooling event. The coastal free learners are having a Not the end of the year party (because homeschoolers learn year round) at Flax pond in Dennis today, so we're going to go...that is if my children ever wake up. It's quarter to 8am, not late, but I've been up since 5 so I'm ready to get this show on the road.

Cicada's are out there singing away. Dawn till dusk...just amazing. I took a walk this morning and thought about how for granted I take them now. The first skin was amazing, the first teneral, beautiful, the first adult call, unbelievable. Now they are everywhere and although I'm still fascinated with them, it's not like when the first emerged. Since they are calling, there should be some mating going on, and some females laying so I guess that's the next progression in the process. Finding evidence of laying...I'm looking forward to the sense of awe again.

No comments: