Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 29, 2008


What a weekend! It turned out that Emily did not have mono and after two days of waiting and two days out of work she started antibiotics for her sinus/ear infection. Emily and Danny are really enjoying the influx of summer people this year, and it's been interesting watching all the different age groups of kids interact. Yesterday was beach cleanup and the start of summer meeting. The first one for me as President. My goal was to make the meeting short but take care of all business and I neatly accomplished both in 17 minutes. Half my years respondsibilities taken care of!
The cicada's are still singing. We had a north wind yesterday which washed ashore the cicada's that didn't quite make it on their journey to the other side of the pond. They are starting to die off in large numbers now. I had the pleasure this morning of listening to them get ready for their day. The first chorus started at 4:09 and ended at 4:11. The next at 4:22 and ended at 4:25 and the third (at first light) started at 4:31 and will probably go for most of the day depending on the weather. It's all very exciting, but I'm sad that I won't see them for another few years. Gerry called on Friday night and asked us if we'd like to join him for dinner. Since it was our men's night we invited him here, he joined us for dinner, and some beer by the bon fire before a quick hug and goodbye. He's been amazing and has taught me alot. I'm gonna miss my bug guy! Gerry and Derke did invite me to Ct to help with experiments on the annuals, but it's a little far to travel. I think I'll hunt for them here and report my findings.

No comments: