Monday, September 22, 2008

Sept 22, 2008 First day of Fall and Wii Fit

Yesterday started off fairly quiet. Em had driving at 10am and Mike, Dan and I were planning on going over to the Harvest Festival at the Barnstable Fair Grounds. Since it was 9am and I was dressed and ready to go, I decided to take a quick trip to Hyannis. We've needed a Trader Joe's trip for about a week and I've just been putting it off. I don't buy lots of products there, but the ones I do, I really like, either because they're cheaper or because of their "good for you" qualities. We buy Dog food, soap, laundry and dish detergent, toothpaste, toilet paper and paper towels, and coffee there religiously. Since I was going in that direction anyway I decided to make a quick stop into Best Buy to see if they have any Wii fits. I've been looking at them for months, and am just never in the right place at the right time. I walked into the mall to find out they don't open till 11am. Defeated I went and did my shopping then returned a little after 10am to see if they at least got any in. Sure enough they did, but I didn't know how many and just couldn't justify sitting in the mall for an hour while Mike and Dan were at home waiting for me to go to the fair. Sadly I headed home. Arrived there to find Mike just getting out of the shower, Danny not dressed and thought I could have waited after all. We got in the van and drove over to the fair grounds to find out that the Harvest Festival is next weekend. With nothing to do and curiousity getting the better of me I called Best Buy to see if they'd hold a machine for me, surprisingly they would and with a new mission we went back to Hyannis. Turns out they had over 30 of them in stock. While there, Mike picked up a new John Hiatt CD and I the new Mama Mia soundtrack. We got Mike home just in time to go up to Leone's to watch the Patriots loose to Miami. Dan, Em and I played with the new game. I weighed in at 170lbs and a BMI of 27. We skiied, did yoga, hula hooped and ran virtual Mii style. It was fun, an expensive scale to be sure, but what other scale can you surf on?

No comments: