Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13, 2008




The bout of sickness in our house has passed, thankfully. Mike spent all day Thursday in our bedroom except for a cigarette break here and there through out the day. Emmy had to work so Dan got out a couple of times to take her to and fro, but other then that spent most of the day layed out on the couch as well.

Friday Mike went to work to make up for the day before, Dan had his last Nature Detectives class at the Game Farm and had a great time. I used the time to walk the canal, 4 miles total.
Men's night was at our house, but because of an upset stomach (the bug) I went to bed early.

Saturday morning I went for a 3.5 mile walk, then took Em to work. Dan and I spent about an hour at the Francis Crane WMA looking for annuals with no luck. We did find a pretty orange flower, and really cool brown and orange moth, and a blue jay feather. Got back just in time to help Mike put in the speed bumps before lunch. Dan and I spent a good part of the afternoon at the beach, while Mike napped. Picked Emmy up at work and returned to attend Janni's 5pm cocktail party. That broke up at about 7pm and we all congregated in the grove for dinner.

I've still not imbibed, and have eaten no meat, dairy, or grain products in almost 2 weeks. Fruits/Vegetables and seafood only. It's working for me and I even found my hipbones yesterday! Haven't seen them in a while! Ran 3.5 miles in 50 minutes today!
Came home and cooled off then Mike and I installed the new speed limit signs we made. Put Dan down for an early nap so he and Emily could go see Wall E at 3pm. I did some shopping and put groceries away, then returned to pick up the kids. Later we encouraged Mike L to take us for a boat ride. We did a slow tool around the pond, then did it again at high speed. It was a great ride and nice to be out on the water!

No comments: