Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 19, 2008

Today was pretty well designated at whelping box building day. Dan and I took Em to work, then went on to Walmart to see if I could find a net suitable for cicada catching. I found a fishing net, and bought some toole. Em called while we were there to say that they didn't need her so she was coming home and asked to pick her up on the way. Stopped at the car wash to give the van a quick vacuum. If I'm going on a road trip, I want to be clean! Since I didn't need the car seats in the back anymore I put down the rear seats and then had plenty of room for my cicada collecting paraphernalia. Got home just as Mike was pulling in with plywood. Dan had lunch and went down for a nap, Mike set off to fix the boat, and I went to the beach. Two hours later, and the boat abandoned I find Mike in the basement nearly finished with the whelping box, it's interlocking and looks great. He's so handy. I furnished a suitable (or so I thought) cicada catching net while sitting on the beach. My neighbors think I'm crazy.
Dinner in the grove followed up at dark with shower and bed. After all I have an early start tomorrow and a long day. I can't wait.

No comments: