Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008

Another day of the mad rush to Famouth to take Emmy to work then back to Sandwich so that Dan can get to his class on time. I brought Marley with us and decided that she and I would do 4 miles on the canal while we waited for Dan to be finished at 11:30. The day was hot but had a great wind. Marley was enthusiastic as we walked toward the Sagamore bridge. On the way I noticed a high pitch whistle which I knew could only be a T. lyricen cicada. I was thrilled and went to see if I could find it with no success. The tree line was edged with tall grass and lots of poison ivy. I was glad just to hear them call. The walk back from the bridge was really warm and Marley was definitely feeling it. We made it back to the parking lot and water at 11:15, time enough for a quick drink before heading back to Green Briar to pick up Dan.
Laurie and I made Speed limit signs while Dan napped, then went down to the beach for a swim and to roll up the moonbounce that's been here for a week. After dinner Danny started complaining about a stomach ache. I'd seen this before in Seneca on Tuesday and immediately knew it was going to be a long night...

No comments: