Friday, July 18, 2008

July 17, 2008 Date Night

Dan and I had a pretty quiet day. Took Em to work, then Dan and I stopped at the store to grab dinner for he and Em for tonight. They decided they wanted tacos. Dan and I spent most of the day at the beach. Dan wore his life jacket out to the raft by himself, swam with the kids and even jumped off the diving board. He swam for 3 hours straight. No nap for Dan today and by the time dinner time came you could tell he was exausted. At 4:30 I jumped in the shower to start getting ready for my "date" We decided to go see Wanted with Angelina Jolie, and Morgan Freeman. Then go to dinner at Hemisphere's at Town neck beach. I pulled out a dress that I wore when I was newly pregnant with Dan and it fit. I was very excited and felt good that finally the weight was starting to come off. Mike was running late so we decided I would meet him at the theater. We arrived at the same time, bought our tickets and a small popcorn and found our seat in the last row in an empty movie theater, that didn't stay empty. The movie was gorey, but had a good plot and was worth the price of admission. We then jumped in the truck for the ride to Hemisphere's. It was a warm night and nearly a full moon and we choose a table on the outside deck overlooking the ocean. I ordered ceasar salad with swordfish tips, and Mike the filet mignon sirlion tips. Dinner was good but not fabulous, we were getting bit by bugs so time to go. We got home a little after 10 and after cleaning up after our "babysitter" we finally settled down on the couch. Mike with his drink and watched TV until I fell asleep and dragged myself to bed. All in all a good night.

No comments: